Why choose Albert Park Physiotherapy?
Albert Park Physiotherapy has been providing quality care to the people in Albert Park, Middle Park, South Melbourne, Port Melbourne, St. Kilda and the CBD surrounds since the practice was established in 1967.
It is a fully accredited practice awarded by Quality in Practice Pty Ltd to the current Australian Physiotherapy Standards for Physiotherapy Practice. This accreditation is your guarantee of our commitment to providing you with the highest quality of health care and access to best-practice physiotherapy.
Albert Park Physiotherapy has a long history of high quality service provision to clients in Port Phillip and surrounding areas and a time honoured relationship with medical and allied health services in the region.
Albert Park Physiotherapy is a family friendly practice, catering for all age groups
and often servicing multiple generations of a single family at any one time.
Our main focus has always been musculoskeletal and sports physiotherapy.
Our staff have post-graduate education and/or further experience in these areas
and consequently excel in the following areas of musculoskeletal and sports physiotherapy practice:
- Pain, stiffness or weakness in your spine or limbs
- Headaches referred from your neck or jaw
- Sports injuries including muscle, joint and tendon problems
- Pain management
- Post surgical and fracture rehabilitation
- Work and motor vehicle related injuries
- Problems related to sustained or repetitive activity
- Problems related to your posture
- Exercise prescription.
Our physiotherapists pride themselves on being excellent educators and can provide advice on the following:
- Injury prevention which may include the use of real time ultrasound
- Back care
- Workstation setup
- Pre-surgery preparation
- Gym/home exercise program
Our secondary focus is on discrete women’s health and men’s health issues.
Our physiotherapists can assist if you have:
- Bladder or bowel problems
- Conditions related to pregnancy such as back pain, pelvic pain or pelvic joint laxity
- Breast feeding difficulties including mastitis
- Osteoporosis or low bone density.
Staff at Albert Park Physiotherapy have a comprehensive understanding of Medicare, Veterans’ Affairs, TAC and WorkSafe systems, enabling seamless service to clients funded under these schemes.
Albert Park Physiotherapy is located in the heart of Albert Park Village, close to public transport, shops and cafes and just a stroll to superb parks and the beach.